2009年3月17日星期二

Spring Trip


The weather has turned warm again in Shanghai and talking to people in Yangshuo it looks like they have it even better: Temps in the mid 20s, although the humidity is creeping up again. I've been climbing regularly indoors and I'm anxious to see how much form I've lost in 6 weeks. Photo is Joel pulling through big open holds on the lower section of '2 in the Pink' at White Mountain.

Jeff is closing out his inventory of 5.10 shoes and lots of people have scooped up great shoes for good prices. I got another pair today and I may even spring for some Evolv shoes if my climbing looks likes it's actually going to get better.

I'm planning on a Yangshuo trip from the 22nd to the 30th of March. I'm taking the family so I may not get as much time on the rock as usual, but I do have a few things I want to tick including a second pitch to the new line Paul and I put up last time on Birdman. Looks like a fine trad crack that should go right about at my limit! Should be awesome. Also need to tick more 5.11s this trip! I'll record everything on Myticklist.com.

Olivier and the China Mountaineering Development Institute boys are in town and will be there for at least a month. Last time they rebolted some of the rusty older lines at Moon Hill as well as a number of new moderate routes on the right side of Wine Bottle. I think they plan to do more of the same this year!

Also, word on the street is that Chris Sharma will be in town the first week of April and plans to bolt a new line, possibly on White Mountain. Could be Yangshuo's first 5.15! but whatever his contribution, more routes in the difficult grades will definitely attract more top international climbers. I'm also looking forward to getting back to the Great Wall - it's a primo springtime crag with lots of open lines just begging to be sent.

没有评论: