2009年3月21日星期六

Spring Break


Spring Break for my daughter and it's off to Yangshuo for 8 days out of the city doing fun outdoor stuff. We plan to hike or bike most days and I should see at least 4 days on the rock. I've got a small tick list of 11s and if that goes well I'll hop on some 12s and try to climb bolt-to-bolt. Would also like to get back to the Great Wall to finish bolting two projects - photo is me hauling the pig up to the base of the Great Wall. Also have a project to finish on Birdman, and would like to finish cleaning my last route on the Totem Pole. So much to do and so little time!

Bruce Norman was in town this week and we climbed at the gym Thursday night before checking out his K2 photos; he successfully summitted in 2007 and also did some amazing trekking and climbing in China. Talked about a possible trip into Eastern Tibet later this year. Could be very exciting checking out the area and climbing some 6000M peaks in the area. I'm still a mountaineer at heart.

Climbed with Stephen at the 80K stadium today and we both managed to get up a lot of new stuff, much of it right out limits. The gym here is tallso we get to climb routes up to 20+ meters. When we do things right, we leave with a deep burn from training forearm endurance. The bouldering area is also quite big, but most of the holds are quite small and much of the area is overhung.I don't like spending too much time there during one session because it usually takes my fingers 3 to 4 days to recover; my knuckles will hurt all day long for the next two days if we spend our entire 2 hours bouldering. Next report should be from Yangshuo. Happy Climbing!

没有评论: